SPS Outstanding Chapter Awards are determined each academic year after a careful review of the information, photos and supporting material presented in the annual SPS Chapter Reports. The reviewers include a team of four SPS National Council members, including Zone Councilors and Associate Zone Councilors, as well as the SPS office staff. Chapter Reports are due by June 15, 2020. Please see the Chapter Report Rubric for a better idea of the review process.
Criteria for SPS Chapter recognition in each zone include:
- The chapter's involvement in local, zone and national SPS meetings and other professional meetings
- Participation in SPS programs
- Outreach efforts to the grades K-12 or the general public
- Participation in community service
- Contributions to student recruitment and retention
- Participation in social events, and
- Interactions with the department's alumni
Annual SPS Chapter Reports are due by June 15. See details and submission instructions here.