Submission Deadline: June 15, 2020
Please note the Chapter Report process has changed from past years. You are no longer required to log in to your Chapter account on the SPS Membership Site to submit. Read the instructions below carefully and email sps-programs [at] aip.org with any questions.
Why Submit a Chapter Report?
Chapters should consider this report as the prime opportunity to showcase the activities of their chapter. Taking time to reflect on the year’s events and prepare a report is important for the health, success and growth of the chapter. By looking back on your year, you will remember things to celebrate and keep for next year, and also see areas for improvement. In addition, your report and chapter information update is very important for the records of the SPS national office in the development of the annual SPS Information Handbook and new programs. So please take the time to tell us all about SPS (and Sigma Pi Sigma) at your school. Your chapter activities may be featured in one of the SPS publications, or here on the SPS website.
**The first 100 chapters to submit a report will be entered into a drawing for one of five $100 giftcards!**
- Your submitted report is the basis for which the Outstanding Chapter Awards are granted, and only those chapters that submit chapter reports will be considered. To get an idea about the criteria used for this selection process, please see the Chapter Report Rubric.
- Only those chapters that submit annual reports are eligible to nominate their advisor for the Outstanding Chapter Advisor Award.
- See some examples of outstanding chapter reports here.
Preparing Chapter Reports
- Choose the link for your Zone (See below). Unsure of your zone? Visit the zone map.
- Fill out the google form for your zone. Be sure to save the unique link you will receive via the report receipt so you can access your report at a later date. The URL may be shared with your advisor and others in your chapter. You can "submit" at any time to save work in progress, but your report won't be considered final until you date it.
- Download the SPS Chapter Report Template.
- Open the template in Microsoft Word (or equivalent word processor).
- Complete the template, adding pictures, etc.
- Save a 'local' version for your own records.
- Save a pdf version, if possible, to submit to the national office.
- You can edit your report up until the deadline. To indicate you are finished with your report complete the final question in the form.
Chapter Report Zone Links:
Submitting Chapter Reports
- Click on the link above for your Zone.
- For record keeping, we ask that you provide us with some basic information about your chapter. We will upload this information into our membership database so please be as accurate and complete as possible.
- While working on your chapter report, you will have to click the word “SUBMIT” in order to save your work. Please note that this does not mean you are submitting your final report to the SPS National Office. After you have submitted the form you will get an email with a sharable link you can use to access your report and make updates.
- All reports are due June 15 and edits will no longer be accepted after the due date.
Reports must be submitted no later than June 15 to be considered for an Outstanding Chapter Award.
Examples of Outstanding Chapter Reports
- Adelphi University (Zone 2)
- California State University—Long Beach (Zone 18)
- Cleveland State University (Zone 7)
- Colorado Mesa University (Zone 14)
- Davidson College (Zone 5)
- Utah State University (Zone 15)
To see a list all of the 2019 Outstanding SPS Chapters, click here.
To see a list of some of the best practices and ideas from the 2017 chapter reports click here.
Tips and Tricks
- Use the examples as a guide for preparing your report. Several versions are available.
- Supporting materials (for example: photos, programs, news clippings, etc.) can be uploaded directly into the report and captioned. Choose up to 5 of your best photos to upload directly to the Google form. These photos should be at least 1 MB in size. Other photos may be embedded in the word document you upload at a lower resolution.
- Be sure to keep a copy of your report locally.
- If possible, please upload a PDF version of your report into the form. Saving the file as a pdf insures that reviewers will see the same formatting as the author intended. If saving as a pdf is not possible, you may upload in word format, but other formats may result in a report that does not appear as intended.