Submission Deadline: June 15
Why Submit a Chapter Report?
Chapters should consider this report as the prime opportunity to showcase the activities of their chapter. Taking time to reflect on the year’s events and prepare a report is important for the health, success and growth of the chapter. By looking back on your year, you will remember things to celebrate and keep for next year, and also see areas for improvement. In addition, your report and chapter information update is very important for the records of the SPS national office in the development of the annual SPS Information Handbook and new programs. So please take the time to tell us all about SPS (and Sigma Pi Sigma) at your school. Your chapter activities may be featured in one of the SPS publications, or here on the SPS website.
- Your submitted report is the basis for which the Outstanding Chapter Awards are granted, and only those chapters that submit chapter reports will be considered. To get an idea about the criteria used for this selection process, please see the Chapter Report Rubric.
- Only those chapters that submit annual reports are eligible to nominative their advisor for the Outstanding Chapter Advisor Award.
- See some examples of outstanding chapter reports here.
Preparing Chapter Reports
- Download the SPS Chapter Report Template.
- Open the template in Microsoft Word (or equivalent word processor).
- Complete the template, adding pictures, etc.
- Save a 'local' version for your own records.
- Save a pdf version, if possible, to submit to the national office.
Submitting Chapter Reports
This is a three-step process carried out by logging-in to your chapter account on the SPS Membership Site.
- Advisors must login as their chapter to submit their report. Login with your chapter credentials: Username: spschapter#### (where #### is your chapter number) and the password you have chosen, or if it is the first time please click “Forgot Password?”. Refer to the National Council Elections Instructions for details on logging-in to your chapter's account.
- For record keeping, chapter information updates are required. Go to the "Chapter Bio" page of your chapter account to verify and/or update your information.
- To submit your completed report, click on "Annual Chapter Report" in the main menu.
Reports AND Chapter Updates must be submitted no later than June 15 to be considered for an Outstanding Chapter Award.
Examples of Outstanding Chapter Reports
- Adelphi University (Zone 2)
- California State University—Long Beach (Zone 18)
- Cleveland State University (Zone 7)
- Colorado Mesa University (Zone 14)
- Davidson College (Zone 5)
- Utah State University (Zone 15)
To see a list all of the 2016 Outstanding SPS Chapters, click here.
Tips and Tricks
To get an idea about the criteria used for this selection process, please see the Chapter Report Rubric.
- Use the templates as a guide for preparing your report. Several versions are available.
- Supporting materials (for example: photos, programs, news clippings, etc.) should be copied directly into the report and captioned. You may be contacted by the SPS National Office for higher resolution photos should they be needed for publication.
- Be sure to keep a copy of your report locally.
- Once the report is complete please save the report in pdf format (preferred). Most word processors will do this. Saving the file as a pdf insures that reviewers will see the same formatting as the author intended. If saving as a pdf is not possible, you may upload in word format, but other formats may result in a report that does not appear as intended.