Resources for New Members
The Society of Physics Students (SPS) isn’t just a physics club, it’s about being part of a greater community of peers and building a strong network.
SPS has over 800 chapters in campuses across the country and 6 chapters in countries across the world. The only requirement for membership is that you be interested in physics. Besides physics majors, our members include majors in astronomy, chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology, mathematics, medicine, and other fields.
SPS exists to help students transform themselves into contributing members of the professional community. Through its members, advisers, chapters, and leadership, SPS supports initiatives that impact the local, regional, and national community. Through scholarships, awards/grants, career and professional development, research opportunities, and educational outreach, SPS supports students, advisers, and departments.
By becoming a member of SPS, you will receive the benefits listed below:
- Access to our awards system, which offers the following opportunities
-Scholarships ranging from $2,000-5,000
-Summer internships with NASA, the Optical Society, Capitol Hill, and the American Association of Physics Teachers (just to name a few!)
-Travel awards to present your research at professional regional and national conferences
-Additional awards and grants
- The opportunity to attend PhysCon! The largest undergraduate physics conference featuring Nobel laureate speakers, lab tours, workshops, networking, and a dance party.
- Access to print publications, and the opportunity to submit reports to the following:
- Career and Grad School Resources
- FREE membership to two additional AIP member societies
- Full benefits are listed here