The Society of Physics Students (SPS) is a chapter-based society that exists to help students transform into contributing members of the professional community. As a member of SPS National, you have unique access to all programmatic benefits and resources. Through your membership, you are eligible to apply for outreach awards/resources, travel and reporter awards to attend professional conferences, the SPS Internship Program, scholarships, and much more! In addition, you have access to a number of professional publications and professional development resources. Your SPS National membership also helps connect you to a larger network of physics and astronomy undergraduate students, alumni, and faculty.
Download slides about SPS
SPS is a great community that can help you navigate your undergraduate and professional career. SPS National is here to help you – if there are other ways you wish to engage your local, regional, or national community, please reach out to us at SPS-programs [at] aip.org. This page provides an overview of the unique offerings available only to SPS National Members. For a full list of SPS National benefits, click here.
- Travel Awards to attend and present research and network at a professional society meeting belonging to the AIP federation.
- Reporter Awards to attend and report on and network at a professional society meeting. *Note – reports are included in one of the SPS publications.
- Outreach Opportunities to further develop your outreach/presentation skills on campus or within your community. Inclusive of:
- Science Outreach Catalyst Kits (SOCKs) and low-cost SPS Demonstrations ideas
- Careers Toolbox
- Journal of Undergraduate Reports in Physics (JURP): annual peer-reviewed printed and online publication featuring undergraduate research and programmatic related articles
- SPS Jobs to build an online profile, resume, and search for bachelor-level jobs, internships, and REUs
- Career resources that provide labor market information specific to physics and astronomy students, physicist profiles, and access to GradSchoolShopper.