Monday, April 8, 2019By:
Looking for a way to honor those important to your chapter?
Consider honoring them at your next induction ceremony through the Sigma Pi Sigma Honorary Service Award.
The Application process is simple and it is a great way to reward volutneers, department contributors, and those who make a real difference to your chapter, department, and university.
Outstanding Service Awards are intended for deserving Sigma Pi Sigma members who exemplify an attitude of service to the discipline of physics through actions at the local, national, or international level.
- The awardee should be a deserving individual who has had a positive impact on a Sigma Pi Sigma chapter, its department, or community.
- The awardee is chosen by an individual chapter or group of chapters on the basis of his or her actions.
- Awardees do not need to be alumni of chapters giving the award.
- The award can be given at the same time the awardee is received into membership in the society, if he or she is not already a member.
To apply for this award, please email a nomination packet to the Director of SPS and Sigma Pi Sigma (bconrad [at] aip.org (subject: Sigma%20Pi%20Sigma%20Outstanding%20Service%20Award) ) :
- A cover letter introducing the nominee to the Sigma Pi Sigma National office from the awarding chapter
- A copy of the nominee's CV or equivalent
- A brief summary of their involvement with and impact on Sigma Pi Sigma and its members
- A summary about how the nominee would be recognized, if confirmed.
Nominee packets are reviewed by the Director of SPS and Sigma Pi Sigma and the current Sigma Pi Sigma President.