The second to last week brings a feeling of the beginning of the end. Deadlines for NASA were finally upon us, and I found myself scrambling to make edits, format graphs, and try to summarize my past eight weeks of work into a 45 by 45 inch piece of paper.
This week at NASA was another busy week. I can’t believe the poster session is already less than two weeks away. This week I worked with my mentor to continue to analyze the solar wind and analyze the interaction of solar wind and mercury.
This week at work was all about optimization and organization. I spent a good portion of my work week writing up programs to improve my work efficiency. Some of my programs used to take upwards of 3 hours to run just due to the amount of data that was needed for each process.
This week was a short but jam packed week. I have made some progress in my research, but I have also spent the last few weeks barking up the wrong tree. After a week of long work days and toiling over my code, I believe I have a clearer idea about what my reasearch is producing.