This week at NASA was another busy week. I can’t believe the poster session is already less than two weeks away. This week I worked with my mentor to continue to analyze the solar wind and analyze the interaction of solar wind and mercury.
This week at work was all about optimization and organization. I spent a good portion of my work week writing up programs to improve my work efficiency. Some of my programs used to take upwards of 3 hours to run just due to the amount of data that was needed for each process.
This week was a short but jam packed week. I have made some progress in my research, but I have also spent the last few weeks barking up the wrong tree. After a week of long work days and toiling over my code, I believe I have a clearer idea about what my reasearch is producing.
This week I continued working on analyzing and understanding periodic density structures in the solar wind, now more specifically in pseudo-streamers. A pseudo-streamer is a stream of solar wind that does not have an electric current.
This week at NASA I was able to do some real science! I began working with a computer program to analyze data of solar wind. In particular, we are looking for density structures in the wind that are periodic.