Parking: As long as you don’t park in a special reserved spot or handicap spot (without a tag), you can park in all faculty, staff, and most student spots on campus during the weekend. Click here (pdf, 1.9MB) for a campus map highlighting the buildings we’ll be using for the meeting.
Accessibility: Our campus does a fair job at accessibility, but we are located on a hill and will be visiting several buildings on campus. Let us know of any accessibility or mobility concerns and we can plot out the best routes around campus and reserve an extra car for driving between buildings for those who need it. For other accessibility accommodations, PLEASE contact PhysicsSociety [at] anselm.edu or ngugliucci [at] anselm.edu.
- Start at New Hampshire Institute of Politics – West Wing
- 9:00 – 10:00: Sign in, Meet and Greet, Bagels and coffee
- 10:05: Official welcome from the members of Saint Anselm SPS
- 10:15 – 11:20: Chapter brags! We will be soliciting 3-5 minute reports from each chapter so they can brag about what awesome stuff they’ve done in the past year or are currently working on.
- 11:20 – 12:20: Guest Speaker (TBD)
- Walk to the Goulet Science Center
- 12:30 – 1:40: Lunch in Goulet Reading Room
- 1:45 – 3:15: Breakout sessions (Goulet 3101)- Attendees will break out into 5 groups to discuss various topics facing chapters as they organize (e.g. fundraising, recruitment, professional development). One hour for discussion and half hour for reporting out.
- 3:20 – 3:50: Skype TBD
- 4:00 – 5:00: Tour the physics department (and other parts of campus if desired) 5:00: Group Photo, Pizza, Farewells!
We wish for everyone to have an amazing visit with us. To ensure that, we will be following the Society of Physics Students National Council Code of Conduct, which can be found at The American Institute of Physics (pdf, 81 KB).