SPS: It’s the best thing for your career since choosing to study physics. Membership dues are only *$24 per year.
Group Membership for SPS Chapters
Save by joining as a group! The more people you get to join SPS National, the larger the discount off your annual membership dues.
|New or renewed members||Discount|
Download and complete the SPS Group Membership Application Form (excel spreadsheet). Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and return it to the SPS National office along with a check or money order, or call 301-209-3007 with credit card information.
*Membership dues are $30.00 per year for addresses outside of the US and Canada. The additional dues cover international shipping for The SPS Observer; members outside of the US and Canada will receive Physics Today in online format.
There are many reasons to join the Society of Physics Students (SPS) national organization. Upon payment of your national dues, you will receive:
- Physics Today - A monthly award-winning publication*
- The SPS Observer - A quarterly magazine for undergraduate physics and astronomy students
- SPS News eNewsletter - A bi-weekly briefing of everything you need know
- Jobs: Access to the SPS Jobs site
- Careers: Learn about physicist profiles, Resources and the Careers Toolbox
- Scholarships: SPS scholarships include the SPS Leadership, SPS Future Teacher, Community College, and more!
- Leadership: Run for the SPS national council
- SPS Internships - 10-week-paid internship program for SPS members
- Travel funds: SPS Travel awards if you are presenting
- Science writing: SPS Reporter awards if you report on a conference
- Support your mentor: SPS Outstanding Chapter Advisor award
- Research awards: SPS Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Research
- Host a regional meeting: SPS Zone Meeting Awards
- Regional (Zone) Meetings
- Attend professional society meetings
- Free membership with two AIP Member Societies for undergraduates only, for up to three years.
- Free joint membership in the National Society of Black Physicists (NSBP) or the National Society of Hispanic Physicists (NSHP)
- Apply for free outreach materials and kits (SOCKs)
*Please note that your membership is effective immediately, although it will take six to eight weeks for publications to begin arriving.