|SPS Chapter Spotlight
Previous Chapter Spotlights
University of Hawaii at Manoa (Zone 18)
|University of Hawaii at Manoa SPS members introduce McKinley students to physics demonstrations.
The University of Hawaii at Manoa (UH) Chapter of the Society of Physics Students (SPS) sponsored a Friday "Lunch with an Expert" Series during which a professor or researcher was invited to have lunch with SPS members and to have an informal chat. Two professors were invited each Friday from October er 14th through December 2nd, 2005. One of the guests had lunch with SPS members from 11:30am-12:30pm, the other from 12:30pm-1:30pm.
The UH Chapter also sponsored a physics or astrophysics-related video or film every Monday afternoon at 4:00 pm during the 2006-06 school year. An assortment of popular science films were shown, as well as biographies and a few more technical videos, including "Nova: The Elegant Universe" (string theory), "The Electricity War" (Edison vs. Westinghouse), the Feynman lectures and an Einstein biography.
- Physics Open House at Manoa Campus
- SPS Demonstrations – Angular Momentum, Electricity & Magnetism, and Mirrors & Lens
- Physics Olympics
- SPS Aerodynamics Event – Card Stock Airplane Competition: How far and How Long Can You Fly?
- Annual Astronomy Open House at University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy
- Tutoring at Physics Study Room
SPS Events and Activities
- SPS Snack Emporium
- “Lunch with an Expert” – Professor speak on Careers, research, and life
SPS Assistant Advisor: Micheal Nassir
Society of Physics Students
University of Hawaii
2505 Correa Rd
Honolulu, HI 96822