Sigma Pi Sigma Congresses
2012 | 2008 | 2004 | 2000 | Historical Highlights
2016 Quadrennial Physics Congress
Save the Date!
Meeting Hotel: Hyatt Regency-San Francisco Airport, Burlingame, CA
Theme: Unifying Fields: Science Driving Innovation
November 3 - 6, 2016
Hosted by Sigma Pi Sigma, the physics honor society
- Jocelyn Bell Burnell, Visiting Professor at the University of Oxford
- Eric Cornell, Senior Scientist at JILA, NIST, and the Department of Physics, University of Colorado at Boulder, and 2001 Physics Nobel Laureate
- Persis Drell, Dean of Stanford University School of Engineering and former Director of the SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
- S. James Gates, Distinguished Professor and Center for String & Particle Theory Director at the University of Maryland
Confirmed Tour Sites
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
2012 Quadrennial Physics Congress
The 2012 Quadrennial Congress of Sigma Pi Sigma, the largest gathering of its kind in Sigma Pi Sigma history, took place Thursday, November 8th through Saturday, November 10th, 2012 in Orlando, Florida. Participants enjoyed touring NASA's nearby Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, FL.
Read first-hand accounts by student participants:
View and share this inspiring video:
Connecting Worlds: SPS and Sigma Pi Sigma at PhysCon 2012
Find full meeting coverage on the 2012 congress website:
2008 Quadrennial Congress
More than 600 physics students, faculty and Sigma Pi Sigma alumni gathered at Fermilab in Batavia, IL, Nov. 6-8, 2008, for the 2008 Quadrennial Congress. They spent a packed weekend making new connections, interacting with Fermilab scientists and distinguished speakers, debating common concerns for the discipline and society, and touring Fermilab's unique experiments and grounds.
2008 Website | Reports & Photos | Poster Abstracts | Art Contest Results | Press