Sigma Pi Sigma Outstanding Service Awards
Sigma Pi Sigma Outstanding Service Awards recognize individuals who have performed meritorious service to the field of physics, to Sigma Pi Sigma, or to a local Sigma Pi Sigma Chapter.
Outstanding Service Awards are intended for deserving Sigma Pi Sigma members who exemplify an attitude of service to the discipline of physics through actions at the local, national, or international level.
- The awardee should be a deserving individual who has had a positive impact on a Sigma Pi Sigma chapter, its department, or community.
- The awardee is chosen by an individual chapter or group of chapters on the basis of his or her actions.
- Awardees do not need to be alumni of chapters giving the award.
- The award can be given at the same time the awardee is received into membership in the society, if he or she is not already a member.
The award consists of a certificate printed by the national office, which can be matted, framed or mounted on a plaque by the awarding chapter. The certificate is embossed with the Sigma Pi Sigma seal, and includes the Sigma Pi Sigma logo, date of award ceremony, name of individual, signature of president or director, and wording as follows:
In recognition of outstanding service to physics, and thereby exemplifying the mission statement of Sigma Pi Sigma, Jane Doe is hereby awarded the Sigma Pi Sigma Outstanding Service Award.
Awardees are recognized at both the local and national level through mention in the chapter's publications or those of the chapter's institution, and national venues such as Radiations magazine and the Sigma Pi Sigma national website.
To request a certificate, email the national office and provide the following information:
- Chapter name
- Awardee name
- Date of ceremony
- Award citation (optional).
Please put "Sigma Pi Sigma Outstanding Service Award" in the subject line. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and delivery.